The latest version of the user's manual can be downloaded here. It is valid for the version 1.3.2 and 1.3.3 which are just minor revisions.
The user's manual for the older versions can be found here:
If you are interested in older version or further documentation, just send a request to me.
Basically, all you have to do is to define your conceptual model using a kind of simplified UML class diagram:
For the concepts with dynamics just add in a chosen formalism the associated dynamics specification.
The next step is to instantiate your conceptual model using a more sophisticated kind of UML object diagram:
For the observation of teh simulation just add few observers (the eliptic objets) and place them on the control panel:
and finally, just run the simulation and (normally), it is all done!
Here are a number of references about Mimosa:
- Müller J.P. 2010, A framework for integrated modeling using a knowledge-driven approach, in: Proceedings of the International Congress on Environmental Modelling and Software, Ottawa, Canada.
- Aubert, S, Müller J.P., Ralihalizara J. 2010, MIRANA: a scio-ecological model for assessing sustainability of community-based regulations, in: Proceedings of the International Congress on Environmental Modelling and Software, Ottawa, Canada.
- Müller J.P. 2009, Towards a formal semantics of event-based multi-agent simulations, in : Multi-agent Based Simulation IX, Nuno D. & J. S. Sichman Eds., LNAI 5269, Springer Verlag, pp. 110-126.
- Müller J.P. 2009, La notion de cadre conceptuel de modélisation: penser la place des ontologies dans le processus de modélisation, 16ème Rencontres interdisciplinaires sur les systèmes complexes naturels et artificiels, Rochebrune, 19-23 janvier. (In french)
- Bommel P., Müller J.P. 2007, An introduction to UML for modelling in the human and social sciences, in : ed. by Denis Phan, Frédéric Amblard. Agent-based modelling and simulation in the social and human sciences . Oxford : Bardwell Press, p. 273-294.
- Müller J.P.. 2007, Mimosa: Using ontologies for modeling and simulation, in : Proceedings of Informatik 2007, 25 September 2007, Bremeen, Germany. s.l. : s.n.,  p.. Informatik 2007, 2007-09-25, Bremen, Allemagne.
- Müller J.P., Ratzé C., Gillet F., Stoffel K.. 2005, Modeling and simulating hierarchies using an agent-based approach, in : Zerger, A. and Argent, R.M. (eds). Advances and applications for management and decision making. Proceedings of the MODSIM 2005 International Congress on Modelling and Simulation, 12-15 December 2005, Melbourne, Australia . [Online]. s.l. : MSSANZ, p. 1631-1638.
- Müller J.P.. 2004, The mimosa generic modelling and simulation platform : The case of multi-agent systems, in : SCS. Proceedings of the 5th Workshop on Agent-Based Simulation, Lisbon, 2004 . s.l. : s.n., p. 77-86. International Workshop on Agent-Based Simulation. 5, 2004-05-03/2004-05-05, Lisbonne, Portugal.